Karnac Books is an independent specialist mental health publisher. We provide a personal, flexible, and responsive service for our authors, which is tailored to the individual. We offer an outstanding, reliable, and high-quality editorial production process from contract to publication, and beyond. We have an in-depth understanding of both the mental health and publishing worlds.
We offer competitive and fair prices for our publications and we promote our content through targeted, focused, and relevant channels, including events, conferences, social media, partnerships with relevant organisations, and direct mailings.
The relationships we build with our authors and organisations are highly valued. We welcome manuscript submissions from all fields and schools of mental health. Please note we do not publish fiction, memoir, or poetry. We publish predominantly for mental health professionals and trainees.
Guidelines for submissions
To submit your manuscript for consideration, please send through the following:
- A table of contents
- A blurb (description) to explain what the book is about and who it is for
- Two to three chapters
- An author biography or CV
- Confirmation that it is an original work or details of where parts have been previously published
- Word count (either actual or estimated)
- If the manuscript is unfinished, an estimated date for completion.
Please email these items to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a response within six weeks.