SEND US A MESSAGE
Whether you’re looking for answers, would like to solve a problem, or just want to let us know how we did, we are always happy to hear from you.
£6.99 – £35.00
EDITORIAL – On Genetic Fundamentalism
by Joseph Schwartz
– The Infanticidal Attachment by Brett Kahr
– The Wounded Client Is Not Always My Priority by Doron Levene
– The Way That You Say It: Poetry in Psychotherapy by Jane Kitsen
– Discussion of ‘The Way That You Say It: Poetry in Therapy’ by Sonya Aleksic
– Are There Meaningful Relationships between Psychosocial Self and Physiological Self? by Roger Booth
– Racism as Trauma: Some Reflections on Psychotherapeutic Work with Clients from the African-Caribbean Diaspora from an Attachment-based Perspective by Stephanie Davis
– I’ve Always Hated Fractions by Christine Fremantle
– Separation and Loss: The Impact on the Emotional Health of Afro-Caribbean Young People by Elaine Arnold
– Letter from South Africa by Margaret Green
– The Illusion of Return: An Interview with Samir El-Youssef by Irris Singer
Attachment: New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis is a leading edge journal for clinicians working relationally with their clients. It is published in conjunction with The Bowlby Centre, an organisation committed to the development, promotion and practice of attachment-based psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The annual subscription includes two printed issues a year and includes complimentary online access from Ingenta Connect to current and past issues.
Reasons to subscribe:
– A leading-edge journal for clinicians working relationally with their clients;
– A professional journal featuring cultural articles, politics, reviews and poetry relevant to attachment and relational issues;
– An inclusive journal welcoming contributions from clinicians of all orientations;
– An international journal open to ideas and practices from all countries and cultures;
– A cutting-edge journal with the latest relevant developments in neuroscience.
Editor: Orit Badouk Epstein
Assistant Editor: Wayne Davis
Book Reviews Editor: Gülcan Sutton Purser
Poetry Editor: Yvonne Forward
Consultant Historian Editor: Brett Kahr
Founding Editor: Joe Schwartz
Editor Emeritus: Kate White
Attachment: New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis is a vibrant, cutting-edge journal promoting modern attachment theory in the clinical setting. Attachment brings together leading clinicians and theorists from around the world to provide an illuminating forum of outstanding papers and ideas from noted contributors, such as Beatrice Beebe, Jeremy Holmes, Daniel Stern, Arietta Slade, Giovanni Liotti, Philip Bromberg, Karlen Lyons-Ruth, and many more. Alongside, you will find sections on poetry, art, book and film reviews, which advance mental health in a human and non-pathologising fashion. By tapping into the therapist’s right-brain communication, this pioneering journal represents a major step in bringing to life attachment-based and relational psychoanalysis.