SEND US A MESSAGE
Whether you’re looking for answers, would like to solve a problem, or just want to let us know how we did, we are always happy to hear from you.
£6.99 – £35.00
EDITORIAL – The Perversion of the Professional Caring Relationship
by Felicity de Zulueta
– Being Disabled: Psychotherapy with a Man with Cerebral Palsy and a Learning Disability by Mark Linington
– The Internal Oppressor: The Veiled Companion of Racial Oppression by Aileen Alleyne
– Discussion of ‘The Internal Oppressor: The Veiled Companion of Racial Oppression’ by Lennox Thomas
– Crying is a Two-Person Behaviour: A Relational Perspective Based on Attachment Theory by Judith Nelson
– Subjectivity or Intimacy? The Chicken or the Egg? What Comes First? by Gülcan Purser
– Infanticidal Attachment: Symbolic and Concrete by Adah Sachs
– The Infanticidal Attachment in Schizophrenia and Dissociative Identity Disorder by Brett Kahr
– Trauma at the Threshold: An Eight-Year-Old Goes to Boarding School by Simon Partridge
– Discussion of Trauma at the Threshold: The Impact of Boarding School on Attachment in Young Children by Annie Power
– Coming into Mind. Contemporary Neuroscience, Attachment, and the Psychological Therapies: a Clinical Perspective by Margaret Wilkinson
– A Cognitive Therapist Meets John Bowlby by Giovanni Liotti
– The Nature of a Student’s Tie to the Teacher: Reminiscences of Training and Friendship with John Bowlby by Victoria Hamilton
Attachment: New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis is a leading edge journal for clinicians working relationally with their clients. It is published in conjunction with The Bowlby Centre, an organisation committed to the development, promotion and practice of attachment-based psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The annual subscription includes two printed issues a year and includes complimentary online access from Ingenta Connect to current and past issues.
Reasons to subscribe:
– A leading-edge journal for clinicians working relationally with their clients;
– A professional journal featuring cultural articles, politics, reviews and poetry relevant to attachment and relational issues;
– An inclusive journal welcoming contributions from clinicians of all orientations;
– An international journal open to ideas and practices from all countries and cultures;
– A cutting-edge journal with the latest relevant developments in neuroscience.
Editor: Orit Badouk Epstein
Assistant Editor: Wayne Davis
Book Reviews Editor: Gülcan Sutton Purser
Poetry Editor: Yvonne Forward
Consultant Historian Editor: Brett Kahr
Founding Editor: Joe Schwartz
Editor Emeritus: Kate White
Attachment: New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis is a vibrant, cutting-edge journal promoting modern attachment theory in the clinical setting. Attachment brings together leading clinicians and theorists from around the world to provide an illuminating forum of outstanding papers and ideas from noted contributors, such as Beatrice Beebe, Jeremy Holmes, Daniel Stern, Arietta Slade, Giovanni Liotti, Philip Bromberg, Karlen Lyons-Ruth, and many more. Alongside, you will find sections on poetry, art, book and film reviews, which advance mental health in a human and non-pathologising fashion. By tapping into the therapist’s right-brain communication, this pioneering journal represents a major step in bringing to life attachment-based and relational psychoanalysis.