SEND US A MESSAGE
Whether you’re looking for answers, would like to solve a problem, or just want to let us know how we did, we are always happy to hear from you.
£6.99 – £35.00
by Dr Aysha Begum
– Sigmund Freud as the Father of Attachment Theory by Prof. Brett Kahr
– The Father in Psychoanalysis by Gordon Alderson
– Double Father Trouble: A daughter’s struggle with paternity by Tori Settle
– The myth of Black father absenteeism – Deconstructing Attachment Theory, gendered racism and the “breakdown of family” by Dr. Taiwo Afuape
– Gay Fatherhood: Good breast? bad breast? same breast? by Tom Higgins
– Frustration and Fulfilment: Experiences in therapy of expectant fatherhood by Christian Howes
BOOK AND CREATIVE LITERATURE REVIEWS
– Dramatic Dialogue: Contemporary Clinical Practice by Aron, L and Atlas, G.
Reviewed by Sue Wright
– Suffering and Sacrifice in the Clinical Encounter by Charles Ashbach, Karen Fraley, Paul Koehler and James Poulton
Reviewed by Alexandra Maeja Raicar
– The Power of Music by Roger Kennedy – Psychoanalytic explorations by Roger Kennedy
Reviewed by Sheila O’Sullivan
– Respark: Igniting hope and joy after trauma and depression by Graham Music
Reviewed by Adam Goren
Attachment: New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis is a leading edge journal for clinicians working relationally with their clients. It is published in conjunction with The Bowlby Centre, an organisation committed to the development, promotion and practice of attachment-based psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The annual subscription includes two printed issues a year and includes complimentary online access from Ingenta Connect to current and past issues.
Reasons to subscribe:
– A leading-edge journal for clinicians working relationally with their clients;
– A professional journal featuring cultural articles, politics, reviews and poetry relevant to attachment and relational issues;
– An inclusive journal welcoming contributions from clinicians of all orientations;
– An international journal open to ideas and practices from all countries and cultures;
– A cutting-edge journal with the latest relevant developments in neuroscience.
Editor-in-chief: Aysha Begum
Consultant Historian Editor: Brett Kahr
Founding Editor: Joe Schwartz
Editor Emeritus: Kate White
Editor Emeritus: Orit Badouk Epstein
International Advisory Board
Robert Tom Muller
Attachment: New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis is a vibrant, cutting-edge journal promoting modern attachment theory in the clinical setting. Attachment brings together leading clinicians and theorists from around the world to provide an illuminating forum of outstanding papers and ideas from noted contributors, such as Beatrice Beebe, Jeremy Holmes, Daniel Stern, Arietta Slade, Giovanni Liotti, Philip Bromberg, Karlen Lyons-Ruth, and many more. Alongside, you will find sections on poetry, art, book and film reviews, which advance mental health in a human and non-pathologising fashion. By tapping into the therapist’s right-brain communication, this pioneering journal represents a major step in bringing to life attachment-based and relational psychoanalysis.